KELLI WALTER, PARTNER
Kelli Walter represents plaintiffs and defendants in all aspects of commercial litigation in state and federal courts. Kelli currently serves as the Assistant Managing Editor of the News for the Bar, a publication by the Litigation Section of the State Bar of Texas, and has been recognized as a Top Attorney in Civil Litigation by Fort Worth, Texas Magazine (2012-2014).
Selected Client Representations
• Represented majority shareholder/CEO in expedited proceeding in Delaware Court of Chancery involving allegations of breach of fiduciary duty.
• Successfully prosecuted claims related to cyber security breach resulting in favorable settlement for Fortune 500 subsidiary.
• Obtained successful summary judgment in probate court on behalf of executors of multi-million dollar estate.
• Assisted with successful appeal of shareholder oppression and fiduciary duty claims.
• Energy Litigation (Defense): Obtained summary judgment on behalf of pipeline against plaintiff landowners on claims of nuisance, trespass, and violations of environmental laws. Town of Dish v. Atmos En., et al., 2017 Tex. LEXIS 466 (Tex. May 19, 2017).
• Energy Litigation (Plaintiffs’ side): Co-counsel who represented over 13,000 royalty owners in multi-district litigation against one of world’s largest natural gas producers.
• J.D., Texas Tech University School of Law, 2010, summa cum laude
• M.S., The University of Texas at Austin, 2006
• B.A., Southwestern University, 2004
• "Mandamus Update,” co-author, Advanced Appellate Practice Course 2014, State Bar of Texas.
• ”Fiduciary Duties and Minority Shareholder Oppression from the Defense Perspective: Differing Approaches in Texas, Delaware, and Nevada," 45:3 Tex. J. Bus. L. 257 (2013) (co-authored with George Parker Young and Vincent Circelli).
• “Streamlining Subpoena Practice: Changes to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 45,” State Bar Litigation Section, News for the Bar, 2013.
• "A Rough Sense of Justice" Meets "Practical Politics": Causation in the Texas Supreme Court, 64:3 BAYLOR L. Rev. 784 (2012) (co-authored with George Parker Young).
• “Chapter 33 and ‘Indemnity,’” Advanced Civil Trial Course 2012, State Bar of Texas.
• "Interview of Kim Askew, Recipient of the 2012 Luther (“Luke”) Soules Award," State Bar Litigation Section, News for the Bar, 2012
• "House Bill 274, Interview of Senator Duncan," State Bar Litigation Section, News for the Bar, 2011.
<<Return to CWY Partners