Vinny Circelli, Partner
Vinny Circelli represents plaintiffs and defendants in all aspects of commercial litigation and trial practice. Vinny was named the 2017 Outstanding Young Lawyer by the Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association. He has been recognized as a Top Attorney in Civil Litigation by Fort Worth, Texas Magazine (2010-Present) and as Thompson Reuters’ Texas Rising Star published by Texas Monthly Magazine (2013-Present).
Selected Client Representations
• Energy Litigation (Defense): Obtained summary judgment on behalf of pipeline against plaintiff landowners on claims of nuisance, trespass, and violations of environmental laws. Town of Dish v. Atmos En., et al., 2017 Tex. LEXIS 466 (Tex. May 19, 2017).
• Energy Litigation (Plaintiffs’ side): Co-counsel who represented over 13,000 royalty owners in multi-district litigation against one of world’s largest natural gas producers.
• Business Litigation: Obtained permanent injunction against former employee for theft of trade secrets and violation of covenants not to compete.
• Shareholder Litigation: Assisted in jury trial and successful appeal of shareholder oppression and fiduciary duty claims.
• Probate Litigation: Obtained summary judgment in probate court on behalf of executors of multi-million dollar estate.
• Other trial Experience: Obtained trial verdict and award of treble (triple) damages and attorney’s fees on behalf of client communications company for claims of breach.
2015 State Bar of Texas Substantive Law Series of Articles Award (presented to Tarrant County Bar Assoc. for series written by Vinny Circelli, Tom Williams, and Dustin Johnson).
2014 Texas Wesleyan Univ. Fraud Conference, Presenter.
“The IP Domain: Three Common Patent Misconceptions,” Co-Author, Tarrant County Bar Bulletin, March 2014.
“What is an ‘Exceptional’ Patent Case?: Supreme Court to Consider Patent Litigation Fee Awards,” co-author, Tarrant County Bar Bulletin, November 2013.
"Subpoenas in Texas and Federal Courts: Practical Tips and Tricks," 2012 Texas Advanced Paralegal Seminar
"Of Mice and Men - The US Supreme Court refuses to consider reinstatement of Texas Jury’s $1.8 Billion Patent Verdict," co-author, Tarrant County Bar Bulletin, April 2012.
"House Bill 274, Interviews of David Chamberlain and Brad Parker," State Bar Litigation Section, News for the Bar, 2011.
"Fiduciary Duties and Minority Shareholder Oppression from the Defense Perspective: Differing Approaches in Texas, Delaware, and Nevada," co-author, Advanced Civil Trial Course 2011, State Bar of Texas.
"Annual Review of Litigation, Chapter 3: Appellate Practice," contributor, with Kendyl Hanks.
<< Return to CWY Partners